Thank you to everyone that has supported me so far in this weight loss journey...family, friends and
co-workers. Many times we (meaning me) do not like to ask those closest to us for help. I did not realize that this blog was the start of asking for help. The blog was only the start, I have stepped out of my comfort zone and have reached out for help. For example: I have reached out to Mom during one of my weak moments on Tuesday and she was there to talk me through the weak moment. I have told my co-workers what junk food that I have been craving and they say "Kathy...you are doing so good. The food really doesn't taste that good anyway." My sister tells me after I step off of the scale with no weight loss..."Kathy...keep it up you are looking great." One of my besties and I went to get a massage together rather than our normal French Restaurant outing. One of the friends that I made at the support group that I went to last month invited me to walk at the Mall. Mike has been doing great on the diet and has been an excellent support system as well as an inspiration by his dedication to taking off the weight.
Everyone (I mean everyone-didn't know I had so many fans :))that has read this blog has supported me in one way, shape or form. The comments on the blog, the comments on facebook, emails and phone calls have meant more to me than any amount of money. Many of you have congratulated me on taking the first steps of this journey. I would not have been able to do it without each and every one of you.
The support system has been effective as I have been sticking to my diet and with each day I am forgetting just a little bit how good that Starbucks breakfast sandwich is or the foot long coney tastes. With other diets I went into the diet not knowing when/if there will be results. I am able to adhere to this diet better because even though I have not had the surgery yet, I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Committed to Kids, Weight Watchers, Personal Trainers (3 different people), Nutrisystem, Sugar Busters, Atkins, Calorie Counting, FAT counting and South Beach are some of the unsuccessful measures that I have taken to combat my illness, obesity. I am on the road to getting bariatric surgery.
Sometimes I wish I were an alcoholic
"Sometimes I Wish I were an Alcoholic"
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
Kathy, keep up the good work. I know how it is I have been up and down with my weight my entire adult life. Just have to stick with the plan and don't get frustrated. Good luck!
ReplyDelete