Have you ever stopped to think about the definiton of listening and hearing. To hear is the function of perceiving sound. To listen is to give one's attention to a sound. Chris Tucker is famous for his quote, "Do you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth?" Well what Jackie Chan should have said was "Yes, I hear the words but I'm not listening to them." This liquid diet has made me stop and pay attention to what is being put in my mouth but is also allowing me to listen to my body. Since I can not put unhealthy food in my body by habit or craving, I have no motivation to eat at certain times of the day. I am actually waiting for my body to signal that it needs more food before I eat and drink. I am no longer fixated on putting food in my body at a certain time because I know that my body will send me a signal when it is time.
Sometimes I feel really selfish about the fact that I am putting everyone through this life changing event but being a little selfish has enabled me to have the time to listen to my body and to figure out what is best for me.
The older you get the more you think you know everything about yourself. This journey has led and I'm sure will lead to more self discovery.
Committed to Kids, Weight Watchers, Personal Trainers (3 different people), Nutrisystem, Sugar Busters, Atkins, Calorie Counting, FAT counting and South Beach are some of the unsuccessful measures that I have taken to combat my illness, obesity. I am on the road to getting bariatric surgery.
Sometimes I wish I were an alcoholic
"Sometimes I Wish I were an Alcoholic"
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment