This goes out to my "little brother (who got the skinny genes)."
He asked me yesterday...Kathy, "What are we going to do now?" I knew exactly what he meant without having to ask him what he meant. It's really sad that my family has revolved almost everything around food-not sure if it's a Belizean tradition (I'm first generation American) and/or a New Orleans tradition. As a family, Mita (my mom), Papa(dad), Tio John (brother), Mary (John's girlfriend), Daddy (Mike), Finn and I all need to think of things that we can do as a family that may include Food but where Food is not the focus. We use food for everything...rewards, comforts, appreciation, love and the list goes on and on. We need to delve deeper into discovering healthier/active options for the betterment of us all. This surgery is not only affecting my life but also my family members in ways that I had not thought of.
Committed to Kids, Weight Watchers, Personal Trainers (3 different people), Nutrisystem, Sugar Busters, Atkins, Calorie Counting, FAT counting and South Beach are some of the unsuccessful measures that I have taken to combat my illness, obesity. I am on the road to getting bariatric surgery.
Sometimes I wish I were an alcoholic
"Sometimes I Wish I were an Alcoholic"
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment