Sometimes I wish I were an alcoholic

"Sometimes I Wish I were an Alcoholic"
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.



Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!















Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Agonizing Weight

Blood Tests, Chest X-Ray, EKG, Echo, Dietician and Psych Eval. (I'm not crazy by the way) are all done and everything is a go so far. I'm amazed at how fast this process can actually take if you do not go through insurance. Everyone has been asking me "When is your surgery? I need to mark it on my calendar." All I can say is that your guess is as good as mine. I can not nail down the date for the life of me and anyone who knows me at all knows that I have to have a plan and be in control of that plan (anything that is not fully handled by God of course and even then I try to control that too). So far the week of July 4th looks like a definite possibility so says Jennifer, my nurse.

I've cut out 99% of the fast food (my stress therapy) and have seen a significant decrease in my blood sugar. I do not even want to tell you guys what my Hemoglobin A1C (a test that is used to determine an average of what your blood sugar has been running for the last 3 months) was when they did the blood tests. Let's just say it scared me into next year.

I've started experimenting with protein shakes and have come across 1 that I really like--Muscle Milk.
It is a good meal replacement and curbs my hunger. I have a feeling that we will become fast friends.

Most of you know that this has been a struggle my whole life. I'm ready to get this surgery underway, ready for a lifestyle change. Thankfully food is not the only good thing in New Orleans-maybe I will be able to tolerate the hot festivals better. Hmmmmm.....wonder if my sweating will decrease? With my luck, it probably has nothing to do with the extra insulation that I'm carrying around. One can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment