Cardiologist-check, Psychologist-check, Internist-Check, Dietician-Check, Endocrinologist-Check. I have been cleared for surgery and have a date, July 11, 2011. That's the good news---2 weeks. Surprisingly I am indifferent at the moment, not nervous, not excited, it's kind of like I know it's coming but am mourning in a way (although not letting myself enjoy the anticipation.)
Right now it feels exactly like the last few weeks before Finn was born when I was mourning the fact that Mike and I would never just be "Mike and I" ever again. I am doing that with my comfort foods. I'm trying to get all of my favorite foods in before starting my liquid diet on Monday (Please forgive me if I am a little irritable over the next couple of weeks). Little did I know that one chapter of life was over and one of the best chapters was just beginning. I imagine that the weeks after the gastro procedure will be similar as well to the few weeks after having him--an adjustment period--emotional and unchartered waters, a learning experience. I am so excited that another chapter of my life will begin but am mourning the unhealthy lifestyle that was my life. It will be a period of adjustment, a time to learn a different way to live.
Committed to Kids, Weight Watchers, Personal Trainers (3 different people), Nutrisystem, Sugar Busters, Atkins, Calorie Counting, FAT counting and South Beach are some of the unsuccessful measures that I have taken to combat my illness, obesity. I am on the road to getting bariatric surgery.
Sometimes I wish I were an alcoholic
"Sometimes I Wish I were an Alcoholic"
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment