Tired, Headachy, light headed (I can't walk around too fast) are just a few adjectives that explain how my day is going so far. Kind of a doom and gloom day in my head. Not as excited at all like yesterday except for the fact that I lost 5 pounds in 1 day, this is the only thing that is keeping me going. Although Mike is bouncing off of the walls with excitement which is good and bad (I'm not a morning person). For those of you that thought that I went to bed early before this, I've reached an all time early bedtime--7:30. Right now it's one of my coping mechanisms so that I do not feel the need to munch at night.
Kind of funny what I do want to eat now...Chicken breast and cheddar cheese. It's a matter of the games that are going on in my head.
For example: "Why couldn't I have eaten the right things (craved Chicken breast and cheese) to begin with then I wouldn't be in this position?" These are the thoughts that have sabotaged my diets before because with me it is all or nothing. I could not go out to Superior Grill and get the Tuna with a side of vegetables. Are you kidding me? Who could pass up the queso and those delicious flour tortillas?
My new take on this thought is---I am doing the right thing now by making a permanent decision to change my eating habits both the quality and the quantity.
When I look at the first sentence of this blog--I realize that I felt some of the same feelings before this liquid diet because of my poor choices. Now, I am doing this with a goal/purpose ahead of me. I may yo-yo up and down in the future but not by twenty-five or fifty pounds.
Committed to Kids, Weight Watchers, Personal Trainers (3 different people), Nutrisystem, Sugar Busters, Atkins, Calorie Counting, FAT counting and South Beach are some of the unsuccessful measures that I have taken to combat my illness, obesity. I am on the road to getting bariatric surgery.
Sometimes I wish I were an alcoholic
"Sometimes I Wish I were an Alcoholic"
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.
Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!
Kathy,
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you. We both know it has been a hard long journey. Keep the positive spirit. One day at a time. I like that you are revealing your true feelings. You have the knowledge and strength to succeed! I am with you every step of the way.
Thanks Mike for being such a great coach!