Sometimes I wish I were an alcoholic

"Sometimes I Wish I were an Alcoholic"
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.



Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!















Monday, June 27, 2011

A New Chapter Has Begun

Today starts the first page of the new chapter in my life. This morning was the first time that I experienced excitement about my new lifestyle of living healthy by starting with a totally liquid diet. This liquid diet includes protein shakes and clear liquids such as Crystal Light only. My wonderful husband is actually doing the liquid diet with me and he is excited as well. I have started the liquid diet today feeling assured that I have made the right decision as I am not miserable, irritable or envious of others that are eating normally around me.
This past weekend was a farewell party to all of my favorite foods: Pizza, Ice Cream, Stella!(The most expensive meal that I have ever had-we did the tasting), Superior Grill's fajitas and queso, Bakers' Dozen's hot glazed doughnuts and Steak. Sounds delicious but no longer a staple of my new diet and I'm not really upset about it today(at this moment-anyway :)). It's been nice not having to think about what I am going to eat, my options are really limited and it's not bothering me.
A good friend, a teacher, of mine mentioned something that hit home with me today and has now become my inspiration. Her daughter once told her that her students get the best part of her during the day and that she (her daughter), only gets what's left over. I started thinking about that and how it applies to my life. When I get home from work I'm so exhausted that all that I have to give Finn and Mike is what is left over from what I have given my boss, my customers and my employees. The leftovers would be fine if it meant doing more than sitting on the couch. I can hear Finn's little voice (not to me anymore because he knows that Mommy is tired and doesn't want to go out in the sweltering heat) ask his daddy.."outside Daddy, outside." It's really not fair that I do not have much to give him physically (other than hugs and kisses because those are always abundant)- not because of the stressors at work but because I was putting the wrong fuel/sludge/diesel into my body and not taking care of it by exercising. I have so much more to give my family then by teaching my son all of my bad eating habits. I have life lessons, my love and my spirituality to give him as well as healthy eating habits and a life full of taking care of his body.

1 comment:

  1. Ironic... today was my beginning of my lifestyle and rerun of eating healthy and exercise. I wish you amazing luck and look forward to all your post!

    ReplyDelete