Sometimes I wish I were an alcoholic

"Sometimes I Wish I were an Alcoholic"
Ever wonder why alcoholics just can't stop drinking? Well, I understand! Alcohol is to alcoholics as Food is to me. I am a foodaholic (not the healthy kind) except I can't just step away from the liquor cabinet. I have to eat, I have to make sure Mike eats and that Finn eats. I have to think about it all the time and make decisions concerning it which feels like every second of the day. This is a disease that has taken over my life and the lives of my enablers (friends and family) whom I love more than life itself. Food has ruined my heart, my body and part of my self-esteem.



Do not cry because I will survive, I will overcome Food and fight it to the bitter end in the name of my family and friends but most of all for ME!















Monday, August 15, 2011

Taste Buds Are a Changin'

Sorry it's been so long since my last blog. I've been trying to think of new topics. If you have any questions for me or ideas for me...please email me kehill24@gmail.com

Have you ever craved something, I mean thought about what it tastes like in your mouth, what you feel like after you eat it, how good it tastes? Well, that used to happen to me all the time. This used to make me run out and go get it and it would taste just like I had imagined. This is no longer the case...now when I crave something it is a little different, both the anticipation and the actual taste. I no longer have random cravings. My cravings if any are usually a result of something I see on TV or something that someone is eating in the lunchroom that makes me remember what I used to like. When I do try to satisfy the cravings, it no longer tastes as good as it did before the surgery. As Mike would say, "That's a good thing." I know it's a good thing but it's kind of weird because I want to sit and "chow down" on some pieces of chicken or macaroni and cheese but I can't physically (I'm working on the psychological part of fixing this issue).  I really have to turn to something other than food for satisfaction because it is not the same.
1 Month post-surgery

A friend asked me "What do you do when you are stressed?" What I used to do was drive to the nearest fast food restaurant with the highest fat content food and eat until I was no longer stressed. Now, I start cleaning my house and working on household chores. My housekeeper needs to give me a discount because the house is much cleaner post surgery. I'm still working on exercise as a stress reliever but it's still a PIA to get on that elliptical. I did get on it once last week which was much easier than it was before (30 pounds less), the 30 minutes went by so fast. As someone once told me,"the hardest part is tying your shoe laces." So true!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Kathy! The hardest part for me (when I don't feel like exercising) is truly putting on my workout clothes. Once I have them on - from the visor to the shoes - I figure I don't have a choice. You're doing great! Can't wait to be your training partner!

    ReplyDelete